gcovr - Suitable for Cygwin?

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jun 4 18:10:00 GMT 2016

I've been using gcovr to generate coverage reports, and I'd be happy to
maintain this for Cygwin. Before submitting a package, I'd be grateful
if someone could check the licence [1].

It's a fairly standard 3-clause BSD affair, but with the caveat that
'the U.S. Government retains certain rights in this software.' It isn't
clear (to me, at least) what rights are being referred to. Would such a
clause prohibit its inclusion in Cygwin?

Note that gcovr isn't available for Fedora or CentOS, although this
could be because it hasn't been packaged for these distros, rather than
any incompatibility in the licence. It is, however, available for Debian
and Ubuntu [2].

Any thoughts on its suitability for Cygwin?

Dave.

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gcovr/gcovr/master/LICENSE.txt
[2] https://pkgs.org/search/gcovr