calm messages [x86]

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Thu Mar 17 19:52:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-03-17 14:00, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> All good questions!  I spotted and fixed the first already in v2.7.3-2;

This 2.7.3-2 is incorrect on a few counts:

1) if the *only* issue is dependencies (and not the contents of the
build itself) then we can fix the setup.hint on sourceware without a new
release.

2) it looks like you manually repackaged some but not all of git for
this.  A release should be a complete build with cygport, not some
ad-hoc improvisation.

Because of the latter, I have removed the 2.7.3-2 tarballs from the
distro.  If you need to make a rebuild to fix packaging issues, please
spin a complete 2.7.3-3 build.

> the other two I'm not sure what changed -- I've been using the same
> Cygport file and haven't done anything to remove those dependencies --
> but I'll have a look when I get time to do some more digging, hopefully
> tomorrow.

Either something changed in the package itself (e.g. executable
permissions on scripts?) or its a change in cygport.  Either way, let's
fix this so that these packages work OOTB.

(BTW, thanks to jturney for this new feature in calm.  I hope people
will pay attention to these from now on.)

--
Yaakov