[ITP] cloudabi-toolchain, cloudab-binutils-*

Warren Young wyml@etr-usa.com
Tue Mar 29 20:28:00 GMT 2016

On Mar 29, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Maurice Bos <m-ou.se@m-ou.se> wrote:

> The setup.hint files:
>
> category: Devel
> requires:  clang cloudabi-binutils-aarch64 cloudabi-binutils-x86_64
> sdesc: "Toolchain targetting CloudABI"
> ldesc: "Toolchain targetting CloudABI”

Why does this package depend on both architecture-specific packages?  What if I only want to develop for x86_64, for example?

> category: Devel
> requires: cygwin
> sdesc: "Binutils targetting aarch64 CloudABI"
> ldesc: "Binutils targetting aarch64 CloudABI”

I believe the need for an explicit dependency on cygwin was removed many years ago.  A blank “requires” line is perfectly legal.

(If I’m right about this, I believe Mr. Bos got this idea from the current setup.html page which still shows such examples.)

> sdesc: "Binutils targetting x86_64 CloudABI”

That’s an obsolete spelling of “targeting”.