Building from source packages

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epa.gov
Fri May 13 19:44:00 GMT 2016

> * a few packages mistakenly use DEPENDS
>
> A few packages mistakenly use DEPENDS rather than DEPEND, which is
> silently ignored

I'm surprised none of them are mine.  It confuses me every time that I have to
use REQUIRES, but DEPEND instead of DEPENDS. I have to go look it up again once
or twice a month.

To minimize the cognitive load on maintainers' brains, I humbly propose that
cygport honor both REQUIRE and REQUIRES, and DEPEND and DEPENDS.

Or it that's too ugly, make them both of the same form, i.e. REQUIRE and DEPEND.
A one-time backwards-incompatible change that would make things easier in the
future.

Andrew