libargp inconsistent packaging

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Thu Sep 15 18:29:00 GMT 2016

Andrew Schulman writes:
> Hi Marco. I think I thought about this in the past, but because the total
> size of this package is so small, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble to
> split it in two. I think that both packages would have to include the doc
> files, so there wouldn't be much gain.

You can't have the same files in two different packages, so if you
wanted to do that you'd need to psplit out a doc package as well and
have that as a required package for the other two.

> However if I'm wrong and it's really better to split the package, I can
> certainly do that.

I'm not saying this is urgent, but maybe the next time you need to
package libargp anyway you might do what I've outlined above.  Provided
you use cygport it isn't any burden past the initial setup and it's
cleaner for other packages that depend on this one.

Regards,
Achim.