unison-2.48 build fails with latest ocaml and flexdll (attn: Achim)

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Mon Apr 3 17:23:00 GMT 2017

On 2017-04-03 12:11, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> Build gets farther now, but fails later on complaining about caml__frame:

Try Fedora's patchset, that should fix compatibility with 4.04:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/orpie.git/tree/

> This isn't actually a problem now, I was only using orpie as a test. Orpie
> hasn't been updated in several years, and the source site has gone dark. So
> I may never actually need to build it again. If I do, then I'll have to
> solve this.

Actually, orpie currently has a dependency on libgsl0, which was
recently superseded by libgsl19, so a rebuild is needed.

> Thanks for maintaining all the ocaml packages. I see BTW that you added
> ocaml-lablgtk2. Some time I'll get back to trying to package Unison with
> the GTK2 GUI.

Feel free to borrow from Ports:

https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/unison2.40-gtk
https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/unison2.45-gtk
https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/unison2.48-gtk

Whether you want these actually separate from the command-line version
or not is up to you, of course.

--
Yaakov