[ITA] units

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Wed Apr 26 02:25:00 GMT 2017


On 2017-04-25 17:42, Brian Inglis wrote:
> As a long time user of Cygwin and units, both professionally and
> personally, I noticed a new release of units 2.14 was available
> but the package is orphaned.

I have been nominally maintaining it anyway, but you're welcome to take it.

> I built and installed the new release for myself, and thought I'd
> like to make it available to the community, so would like to adopt
> the package units.
> I've had no problems downloading the prvious source, bumping the
> cygport version, building, testing, installing, and using the new
> release.

That is a good start, but:

> units.cygport
> units-2.14-1.hint
> units-2.14-1.tar.xz
> units-2.14-1-src.tar.xz
> units-debuginfo-2.14-1.hint
> units-debuginfo-2.14-1.tar.xz

This is the build from only one architecture.  Each archful package 
needs to be built for each of x86 (32-bit) and x86_64 (64-bit).  Are you 
set up to build both?

> I've read the contributor/maintainer guides but as this would be my
> first package contribution, I may need some help using calm, etc.

"cygport upload" takes care of this for you.

-- 
Yaakov



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list