[ITP] cygregext (formerly cygscript)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Apr 29 11:54:00 GMT 2017


On 28/04/2017 21:46, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 04/28/2017 03:08 AM, Joni Eskelinen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
>> I've renamed cygscript as proposed. Hopefully cygregext conveys its
>> purpose more clearly. A man page has also been added.
>
> My first read was 'cygwin regular-expressions t'.  Maybe a slight tweak
> to cygextreg (for cygwin extension registration) keeps the same length
> but with less confusion with an already well-used abbreviation?

This makes sense to me, but it's your choice.

>>>> Nice work.  I'm kind of surprised we don't have something like this
>>>> already.
>>>
>
>>>>> This application is not included in any other distro, so i reckon a vote
>>>>> must be first passed.
>>>>
>>>> +1
>
> At any rate, I'm also +1 for inclusion, whether or not you take my
> naming suggestion.

Please provide a ssh key as per https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list