Patch for openssh : allow to use AuthorizedKeysCommand on sshd on cygwin

Pierre Souchay pierre@souchay.net
Tue Aug 1 20:53:00 GMT 2017

Hello,

> On 1 Aug 2017, at 20:25, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
>
> Pierre Souchay writes:
>> (The issue being that root on CYGWIN is not uid=0 but uid=18 aka
>> SYSTEM)
>
> This is a misconception.  There is no root user on Windows and
> consequently there is none on Cygwin.  There are multiple possibilities
> of what could be usefully considered a proxy for root, so it's
> inappropriate to hard-code some other SID instead.

Well I am fine with that.

Practically speaking, the feature cannot work as it is right now, since nobody has uid=0 - so does not work on Cygwin.

In our infrastructure, all of Cygwin is installed as SYSTEM (uid=18), thus my patch (We are currently using a quite old version of Cygwin).

I am quite open to suggestions and would be glad to fix it the way you want.

Best Regards

Pierre Souchay