setup 2.883 release candidate - please test
Mon Dec 11 18:46:00 GMT 2017
A new setup release candidate is available at:
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.883.x86.exe (32 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.883.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
Please test and report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org. If no regressions
are discovered in the next week or so, it will be promoted to release.
This is not the place for setup feature requests.
Changes compared to 2.882:
- Various improvements to behaviour after a download error
- Don't fatal() on unexpected early window messages
- Remove support for installing from a local directory which doesn't
contain a setup.ini file
- Make 'System Proxy Settings' the default (for new installations) on
the 'Select Connection Type' page, rather than 'Direct'
- Fix reading and writing of the "extrakeys" user setting. Maybe -U/-u
does something useful now?
- Pressing enter in the URL textbox on the "Choose Download Site(s)"
page now does 'Add', rather than 'Next'
- Pressing enter in the search textbox on the "Select Packages" page now
causes the search to be performed, rather than 'Next'
- Fix concatenating depends: from each version description section
- Bullet-proof the way we remove empty categories
- If more than one download site is used, we now require downloading
setup.ini from all of them to succeed, rather than just one of them.
- Various code rearrangements and simplifications
Thanks to Ken Brown for several of these changes.
More information about the Cygwin-apps