[RFC] calm, setup: per-version requires

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Dec 11 19:08:00 GMT 2017

On 05/12/2017 18:14, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Jon Turney writes:
>> 2.880 onwards: The curr: version will get the union of 'depends:' and
>> 'requires:', other versions will get 'requires:'.

Actually it's worse than that, it just concatenates requires: and any
depends: lines, applying the current concatenated list to each version,
as it seen (fixed as of 2.883)

> That doesn't make any sense, since the requires would be the union of
> all depends already.  So, 2.880+ should ignore the requires: and use the
> union of [curr] and any version specific depends:.  But maybe I
> misunderstood what you want to be doing.

These are lists, not sets, so can (and will, in this scenario) contain
duplicates.

>> The prereq checker checks that the dependencies are satisfied
>> (including any version relation), but then installs the 'curr:' or
>> 'test:' version (depending on chooser preference) imagining that will
>> satisfy it.
>>
>> libsolv-based: 'depends:' supersedes 'requires:', installs the right
>> right thing (hopefully :))
>
> Wait…  I thought libsolve-based was 2.880+?

I don't know what could have given you that idea. It's not released yet.