setup with experimental libsolv-based dependency solving
Wed Oct 25 19:19:00 GMT 2017
This has a lot of internal changes, so could use some wider testing.
Changes compared to 2.882:
User visible changes:
- 'Current' is replaced by 'Best' (which is slightly different in ways
it's difficult to summarize briefly) and 'Sync' (which exposes the
--force-current option through the UI). These are modified by a 'Test'
checkbox, which allows test packages to be used.
- For the handful of packages where the curr: version has a lower
version number than some prev: (e.g. cscope), the higher version number
is now preferred.
- Uses the libsolv dependency solver, rather than a home-made one.
- Add support for 'depends: package (relation version) [...]', in a
version section in setup.ini
- Add support for 'obsoletes:' in setup.ini, likewise
A big 'thank you' to Ken Brown for helping get this to the point where
it's somewhat usable.
More information about the Cygwin-apps