[BUG] mksetupini

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Oct 25 19:43:00 GMT 2017

On 25/10/2017 18:37, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Consider the following situation: an old package with setup.hint that
> has dependency to "abc" and a new package version using versioned hint
> files without said dependency.  Not the old package files get deleted,
> but setup.hint stays in the directory.  Running mksetupini correctly
> determines that the setup.hint file needs to be removed, but still
> generates a setup.ini that makes the package depend on "abc".
>
> The expected behaviour of course would be that it doesn't use the
> information in that file (which no longer exists at the end of the run
> anyway).
   Yeah, this edge case isn't handled correctly:  There's a note in the
source code [1] that basically says "XXX: do complex stuff here".

I believe If you run mksetupini again, you'll get the correct result, as
the unneeded setup.hint has been removed.

Since I want to retire setup.hin support fairly soon, I'm not really
planning on fixing this...

[1]
https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-apps/calm.git;a=blob;f=calm/package.py;h=ed4cf009ce98c00f9182818353cc454f0c9525b9;hb=HEAD#l875