setup with experimental libsolv-based dependency solving

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Oct 27 19:52:00 GMT 2017

On 10/27/2017 2:57 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/25/2017 3:18 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
>>
>> This has a lot of internal changes, so could use some wider testing.
>> Please test.
>
> I've just discovered a serious bug.  When installing from a local
> directory that either doesn't exist or isn't a valid repository, setup
> doesn't correctly read/write the installed file database
> (/etc/setup/installed.db).

I *think* the problem is that packagedb::read is never called.  Since
do_local_dir returns false, LocalDirPage::OnNext takes us directly to
the chooser.  This means that do_ini_thread never gets to the line that
calls db.read.

I could be completely wrong, but I'm throwing this out there because I
don't have time to look at this any more right now.

Ken