[Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Sep 18 17:52:00 GMT 2017

A few notes for maintainers that I didn't manage to write yesterday
evening:

If building your Perl distribution (or testing) fails, try adding

export PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC=1

to the cygport file.  Please do not add it unconditionally and check
with each update whether it is still needed.

The following distributions are now integrated into Perl itself with a
new enough version to satisfy all dependencies and will thus be dropped
from Cygwin as separate packages until a newer version of them is
required elsewhere:

perl-XSLoader
perl-Carp
perl-CPAN-Meta
perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements
perl-File-Temp
perl-Module-Load-Conditional
perl-Pod-Simple
perl-Socket
perl-Test-Simple
perl-Unicode-Collate
perl-Unicode-Normalize
perl-Win32

Since the plan is to keep closer to the upstream Perl versions than
previously, I don't think that need will arise, though.

The following distribution is incompatible with perl-5.26 (it uses
internal functions that have been removed) and will be dropped from
Cygwin -- it hasn't had any dependent packages for some time already, so
no problems arising from that removal are expected.

perl-Data-Alias

Regards,
Achim.