FORTIFY_SOURCE

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Apr 15 18:39:00 GMT 2018

Perl and Cygwin do not exactly play together at the moment, but I
haven't been able to track down where that happens.  Perl configure
recognizes FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 proceeds to integrate that knowledge into
Config_heavy.pl.  For whatever reason it decded to use
"-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2" to do that (which works just fine).  But when
compiling something through ExtUtils::Embed in the just built perl that
option suddenly ends up as just "-Wp," and hangs up the compiler.  If I
rename the defined symbol to "FORCIFY_SOURCE" then it stays in the call
to gcc, so it's specific to that symbol.

I think that's happening somewhere in ExtUtils, but I'd like to ask if
maybe there is some magic going on from the Cygwin / gcc side to remove
that definition?

Regards,
Achim.