how to use opam for package builds?

Andy Li andy@onthewings.net
Wed Aug 29 17:19:00 GMT 2018

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:47 PM Andrew Schulman <schulman.andrew@epa.gov>
wrote:

> (1) I can't get "opam init" to complete. It hangs after "synchronized from
> https://opam.ocaml.org", until I interrupt it:

It should work, just wait a little longer. For me, it took a bit more than
three minutes to complete.
I'm not sure why it is that slow though.

> (2) Even if I get this to work, I don't think it's the right thing to do
> because it's setting up persistent opam configuration in my home directory,
> which I don't think is the right place for packaging. Should there be some
> global opam configuration, that all packaging scripts that rely on opam
> would use? If so, where should that go?

Indeed the proper way is to package each ocaml library as cygwin packages
and then the orpie package just build depends on them instead of calling
opam.
There are several already packaged ocaml libraries. You may study their
cygport files in
https://github.com/cygwinports?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=ocaml&type=&language=

Hope it helps.

Best,