lftp 4.8.4-1 upload error

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Aug 29 19:15:00 GMT 2018

On 29/08/2018 19:16, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> I just uploaded lftp-4.8.4-1 for x86_64, and got these error notices back
> from calm:
>
> ERROR: package 'lftp' version '4.8.4-1' is most recent non-test version,
> but version '4.7.8-2' is curr:
> ERROR: package 'lftp-debuginfo' version '4.8.4-1' is most recent non-test
> version, but version '4.7.8-2' is curr:
> ERROR: error while validating merged x86_64 packages for Andrew Schulman
> SUMMARY: 3 ERROR(s)
>
> I guess this is because we pinned 4.7.8-2 as curr: some time last year,
> when I had to forcibly roll back from 4.8.0-1. Is that right? Is this
> something you can fix, or do I need to do something?

Correct.

lftp currently has an override.hint containing:

prev: 4.7.7-1
curr: 4.7.8-2
replace-versions: 4.8.0-1

(the last line is an instruction to setup to downgrade any installs of
the withdrawn 4.8.0-1 to 4.7.8-2)

I think all of this isn't needed any more, so you can add an empty
override.hint to your upload to supersede that.

(Possibly you can even add a '-override.hint' to remove it, but I'm not
sure that works :) )

You'll need to do the same thing for lftp-debuginfo as well