stunnel 5.44 build fails

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epa.gov
Thu Feb 1 14:33:00 GMT 2018

> > configure.ac:9: error: version mismatch.  This is Automake 1.15.1,
> > configure.ac:9: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
> > configure.ac:9: comes from Automake 1.15.  You should recreate
> > configure.ac:9: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
>
> you've patched src/Makefile.am, causing src/Makefile to run automake.
>
> If you drop stunnel-ldflags.patch and just patch src/Makefile.in as you
> did for 5.42 in stunnel-5.42-1.src.patch, I think you should be OK.

Yes, that worked, thanks.

That's weird about stunnel-5.42-1.src.patch. The source patch has always
been to src/Makefile.am, not src/Makefile.in. You can see that in
stunnel-ldflags.patch. I see that stunnel-5.42-1.src.patch patches
src/Makefile.in, and I have no idea where that came from. Something that
cygport did I guess.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion. Patching Makefile.in is more brittle than
Makefile.am, but it works for now.

Andrew