setup 2.894 release candidate - please test
Sat Oct 13 18:50:00 GMT 2018
A new setup release candidate is available at:
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.894.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.894.x86.exe (32 bit version)
Please test and report any problems here.
Changes compared to 2.893:
- Drag setup into the 1990s, by replacing the custom-drawn package
chooser with a ListView common control.
-- Use standard UI elements to choose an action to take on a package or
category, rather than the weird UX of clicking to cycle around a list of
options of undisclosed length.
-- Behaviour change: previously, a category action only affected
packages which matched any name search filter applied. Now all packages
contained by the category are affected.
-- Category view now shows a count of packages in a category
-- Add long description as a tooltip for description
- Add support for ZStandard compression for packages and .ini files
- Fix a new warning reported by gcc 8
- Avoid a potential crash when checking for cached packages
- Use pkgconfig for build prerequisite checking
- Fix log spam when package vendor is something other than "cygwin"
- Various cleanups
Thanks to Ken Brown and Achim Gratz.
More information about the Cygwin-apps