git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Andrew Schulman via cygwin-apps cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Thu Aug 8 14:04:00 GMT 2019

> While a number of maintainers keep their cygwin packaging under some
> sort of version control, there is currently no central collection of
> these repositories.
>
> To remedy this lack, using the same ssh key you use for sftp package
> upload, package maintainers can now also push to git repositories, like so:
>
> git push cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/<packagename>
>
> where <packagename> is a package name you are listed as a maintainer for
> in http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint.
>
> These repositories are lazily created on the first push.

In my testing, git push hangs on the first push, after "Initialized empty
git repositories". After I interrupt, it finishes normally. Maybe a
misconfiguration on my end.

~/d/c/fish> git push --set-upstream origin master
Initialized empty Git repository in
/sourceware1/projects/cygwin-home/cygwin-packages/fish.git/
# Insert Ctrl-C here
Counting objects: 92, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (75/75), done.
Writing objects: 100% (92/92), 14.87 KiB | 249.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 92 (delta 33), reused 0 (delta 0)
To cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/fish
 * [new branch]      master -> master
Branch 'master' set up to track remote branch 'master' from 'origin'.