[ITP] git-crypt 0.6.0

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Dec 1 15:06:00 GMT 2019

On 10/08/2019 02:48, Nick Nauwelaerts wrote:
> [...]

Thanks.  Sorry for the delay in getting to this.

Some minor comments on the cygport file:

> # runtime deps to go in setup.hint, and note the escaped newline
> REQUIRES="git openssl"

The part of the comment about escaped newline doesn't make a lot of sense.

Are you sure that 'openssl' is required at runtime (and not just
libssl1.1, which is autodetected as a dependency)?

> # We use the src_compile and src_test provided by meson.cygclass

This comment is confusing since it's built with make?

> i figured if i made the cygport file and patches available you would
> import them in a build system like suse's openbuild to verify that no
> shortcuts were taken or my system was otherwise not comparable to
> normal install. come to think of it, kinda like what is proposed
> here: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2019-08/msg00012.html :)

Unfortunately, we do not (yet) have a system to build packages from
those repositories.
> since i didn't bother with requesting access upload ofcourse fails,
> also making announce irrelevant. i'll will send an email with a key
> in the requested mail format asap.

I don't see an email with a key from you.  If you are still interested
in progressing this, please provide a ssh key as per
https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html