[ITP] mtr

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Jul 21 12:59:00 GMT 2019

On 21/07/2019 00:15, Brian Inglis wrote:
> I would like to offer to package mtr:
>
> combines the function of 'traceroute' and 'ping' in one network
> diagnostic tool.
>
> Investigates the network connection between the host it runs on and a
> user-specified destination host. After it determines the address of each
> network hop between the machines, it sends a sequence of ICMP ECHO
> requests to each one to determine the quality of the link to each
> machine. As it does this, it prints running statistics about each
> machine.
>
> It is available under all RedHat, Debian, BSD, Arch, Slack, SuSE, and
> other Linux flavours:
>          https://pkgs.org/download/mtr
>
> Control files, sources, and binaries are available under the mtr folder:
> 	https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jxeYZ10mYhmz8YhwE3EOXvd-lVwd176o
>
> See the project home page for more information:
> 	http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/

A couple of minor nits:

mtr is be built with a gtk+ interface for displaying results, if
present, but you've omitted the from DEPENDS.

Not sure what you intend, so either (i) explicitly configure
--without-gtk, or (ii) add the needed gtk devel package(s) to DEPENDS.

After I build this, 'mtr -v' reports 'mtr UNKNOWN'

Otherwise, looks good.