[Attn. Maintainer] tar

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Jun 2 18:27:00 GMT 2019

GNU tar has seen some development activity in the last three years
again, as a new feature ZStandard compression is now supported.  I've
changed the cygport file minimally and locally built the package on both
arches successfully.  There are some test failures that look like they
were probably there in the current version also, but I haven't checked
so far.

Failed tests:
GNU tar 1.32 test suite test groups:

 NUM: FILE-NAME:LINE     TEST-GROUP-NAME
      KEYWORDS

  35: T-null2.at:17      --null enables verbatim reading
      files-from null t-null2 t-verbatim
 147: time01.at:20       time: tricky time stamps
      time time01
 213: xattr03.at:25      xattrs: trusted.* attributes
      xattrs xattr03 chdir
 215: xattr05.at:28      xattrs: keywords with '=' and '%'
      xattrs xattr05 chdir
 218: acls01.at:25       acls: basic functionality
      xattrs acls acls01
 219: acls02.at:25       acls: work with -C
      xattrs acls acls02 chdir
 220: acls03.at:30       acls: default ACLs
      xattrs acls acls03 chdir

Test numbers 218 and 219 only failed on 32bit, but also on a different
system, so it might be related to the default ACL there.

Here's the changed cygport file:

# tar.cygport - directions for packaging tar for cygwin

# Copyright (C) 2006-2010, 2014-2015 Eric Blake
# This file is free software; I give unlimited permission to copy and/or
# distribute it, with or without modifications, as long as this notice is
# preserved.

NAME=tar
VERSION=1.32
RELEASE=1

SUMMARY="A GNU file archiving program"
DESCRIPTION="The GNU tar program saves many files together in one archive
and can restore individual files (or all of the files) from that
archive. Tar can also be used to add supplemental files to an archive and
to update or list files in the archive. Tar includes multivolume support,
automatic archive compression/decompression, the ability to perform
remote archives, and the ability to perform incremental and full backups."
CATEGORY=Base
REQUIRES='bzip2 gzip xz zstd'

HOMEPAGE=http://www.gnu.org/software/$PN
SRC_URI=mirror://gnu/$PN/$P.tar.xz
SRC_URI+=" $SRC_URI.sig"

CYGCONF_ARGS="--without-libintl-prefix --without-libiconv-prefix \
  --enable-backup-scripts --with-packager=Cygwin --with-packager-version=$PVR \
  --with-packager-bug-reports=cygwin@cygwin.com"

DIFF_EXCLUDES='-x testsuite'

# Enable this function for releases that work without autoreconf
src_compile()
{
  cd $B
  cygconf