Help needed with gobject-introspection

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Aug 1 18:34:14 GMT 2020

On 01/08/2020 19:01, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> No one has suggested a better fix, so I think we should get your fix
> into the distro.  It's not urgent, because harfbuzz still supports both
> autotools and meson, but they're encouraging packagers to move toward
> meson.

I think the real fix is for g-ir-scanner not to do this.

(To be clearer, I think the invoking build system has, in nearly all
cases, an accurate idea of the mapping g-ir-scanner is trying to
discover here (between libraries named in linker -l options and the
actual shared library filename?), and it should just have options to let
the build system give it that information, rather these going through
these contortions to try to work it out)

But since that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon, so I guess this is
the best we can do.

> How do you think we should proceed?  Are you interested in adopting
> gobject-introspection?  Alternatively, one of us could do a
> non-maintainer upload while we wait for a volunteer.

Please go ahead with an NMU, if you have the time for it.