cygport: Request a new feature in order to set owner/group names in packaged tarballs.

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Tue Aug 4 13:46:13 GMT 2020

Am 04.08.2020 um 14:54 schrieb Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps:
> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:24:11 +0200
> From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de>
>
>> Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin writes:
>>> This is another patch, so that cygport shall make tarballs with
>>> specified owner and group names.
>> Cygport patches should better go to cygwin-apps.  I've already sent a
>> patch that allows you to do the same thing some time ago, but it has
>> not been reviewed yet.
>>
>> https://repo.or.cz/cygport/rpm-style.git/commitdiff/c6af2ca23aae5da3e99c70cf2b704430b929f431
>>
> Nice.
>
> Then, how about a commit following yours.
It is much less than obvious in that older patch that you can trick the
owner/group information into that option.
I'd appreciate a simple explicit option for that.