cygport: Request a new feature in order to set owner/group names in packaged tarballs.

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:50:33 GMT 2020

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 20:34:24 +0100, Jon Turney
> On 04/08/2020 21:49, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> >>
> >> … or just don't embed newlines.  Since cygport is bash under the hood
> >> you can do
> >>
> >> BUILD_REQUIRES+=" whatever"
> >>
> >> instead of wrapping lines.
> >
> > By squeezing white spaces, we can save some characters in *.cygport
> > files :). And new maintainers can avoid an issue relating newlines in
> > BUILD_REQUIRES without knowing it (I was trapped in it once).
> Yes, this would be nice.
>
> However, I think there is a consistency problem here, as other variables which should only produce a single line in the .hint file (e.g. REQUIRES, etc.) don't get whitespace canonicalized (as least, that's how it seemed to me when I briefly looked at this).
>
> Thanks for the patch.

Thank you for reviewing.

It would be easy to canonicalize through a functiion like
__single_line_list () in the commit
https://github.com/cygwin-lem/cygport/commit/7607782d3d1972aef6b88ee32f5211f21abbbcfb

I'll check later for 'category:', 'requires:', 'obsoletes:',
'provides:', and 'conflicts:'.

Any other field to be checked for canonicalization?

--
Lem