[ITA] fontforge-{nopy,py38,py37,py36}-20200314p64-1 for review

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:05:34 GMT 2020

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 06:23:36 +0200, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps
> On 30.07.2020 22:39, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > I'm trying to build fontforge packages with latest upstream
> >    https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/
> >
> > ( forked for cygwin build to
> >    https://github.com/cygwin-lem/fontforge/tree/n_20200314p64_maybe-nonbreaking )
> >
> > And, some of Yaakov's patches are now in the upstream:
> >    https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/commit/c0a27e4bdc436e73901b7a6cd7e4b6910fcee408
> >

> > * Cygport files are forked here:
> >    https://github.com/cygwin-lem/fontforge-cygport/tree/n_20200314p64-1
> > from
> >    https://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/fontforge.git .
> >

> > * New test package files are here:
> >    https://cygwin-lem.github.io/fontforge-cygport/ .
> >

> > ========
> > * Note:
> >
> > To build test packages:
> >
> > (1) prepare cmake-3.17.3-1 (test)
> >
> > (2) invoke build.sh under
> >    https://github.com/cygwin-lem/fontforge-cygport/tree/n_20200314p64-1
> >    as follows:
> >
> >      ./build.sh --generate-cygport --download --test
> >
> >    (or for short: "./build.sh -s -d -t" ).
> >
> >    This generates cygport files, downloads a source tarball, and test-tagged builds.
> >

> > When we build fontforge, it can be linked to only one specific
> > version of python3.
> > So, I've prepared four cygport files by a script ./build.sh
> >
> >    fontforge-nopy.cygport
> >    fontforge-py38.cygport
> >    fontforge-py37.cygport
> >    fontforge-py36.cygport
> >
> > ========
> > * Need help
> >
> > Please give me any advice on building and packaging such cases...
> >

> > ========
> > * Need help more
> >
> > Any advice on how to adapt it to the CI system.
> > Is it enough just putting the generated cygport files in a repository?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Lem
> >
> Thanks Lem
>
> on my TODO list for the weekend, assuming no oneelse do it before

Packages related to fontforge 20190801 or 20200314 in Ubuntu, Debian and
Fedora are linked to python 3.8.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/python3-fontforge
https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/python3-fontforge
https://fedora.pkgs.org/32/fedora-x86_64/fontforge-20200314-3.fc32.x86_64.rpm.html

So, I'll retry to make fontforge.cygport in order to link it python3.8 only,
later.

--
Lem