cygport: Request a new feature in order to set owner/group names in packaged tarballs.

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:43:13 GMT 2020

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 18:13:52 +0100, Jon Turney
> On 05/08/2020 22:50, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 20:34:24 +0100, Jon Turney
> >>
> >> However, I think there is a consistency problem here, as other variables which should only produce a single line in the .hint file (e.g. REQUIRES, etc.) don't get whitespace canonicalized (as least, that's how it seemed to me when I briefly looked at this).
> >>
> >> Thanks for the patch.
> >
> > Thank you for reviewing.
> >
> > It would be easy to canonicalize through a functiion like
> > __single_line_list () in the commit
> > https://github.com/cygwin-lem/cygport/commit/7607782d3d1972aef6b88ee32f5211f21abbbcfb
> >
> > I'll check later for 'category:', 'requires:', 'obsoletes:',
> > 'provides:', and 'conflicts:'.
> >
> > Any other field to be checked for canonicalization?
>
> Although it's not very clearly specified in [1], the only keys in a ..hint file for which multiline values are currently permitted are ldesc: and message:
>
> [1] https://cygwin.com/packaging-hint-files.html

Thank you!

Here is a revised commit:

https://github.com/cygwin-lem/cygport/commit/7bd6b12ee10892b7ec18df93a51dbc274b3af968

Canonicalization of single-line fields in .hint files

We mean trimming and squeezing white spaces by 'canonicalization', here.

- Canonicalization of single-line lists:
  - category
  - requires
  - obsoletes
  - provides
  - conflicts
  - build-depends
- Canonicalization of single-line double-quoted strings:
  - sdesc
  - message

Regards,

Lem