git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Aug 23 21:01:22 GMT 2020

On 27/05/2020 23:27, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 04/08/2019 21:08, Jon Turney wrote:
>> To remedy this lack, using the same ssh key you use for sftp package
>> upload, package maintainers can now also push to git repositories,
>> like so:
>
> Package maintainers may have noticed that the output from pushing to
> these git repositories now includes a line like:
>
> "remote: scallywag: build nnn queued"
>
> This is a *prototype* of a system to automatically build the packages,
> where the results appear (some time later) at [1] (URL subject to change)
>
> [1] https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi
>
> Currently, many packages will fail to build correctly due to:

I now have built an (opt-in) system which fetches the packages built by
this into your upload area and triggers calm to process them, which I'm
looking for a volunteer to test.

Currently, these packages are built using 'cygport all-test', and so
will always be marked test:

One possible issue is that a git commit doesn't have to change VERSION
or RELEASE, so this can build packages which are then immediately
rejected by calm, as that PVR already exists.

I'm not sure if that's a real problem, or what the workflow should look
like in regards to that.