[ITP] gengetopt 2.23

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Dec 1 17:23:56 GMT 2020

On 12/1/2020 11:04 AM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
> El 30/11/20 a les 21:28, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps ha escrit:

>>> This looks good.  I just have a few minor comments.
>>>
>>> - The SUMMARY should generally not start by repeating the package name.  "A
>>> tool to write command line option parsing code for C programs" suffices.
>>>
>>> - I suggest adding
>>>
>>>    HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
>>>
>>> - The build produces a source patch because of changes to test files:
>>>
>>>  >>> Creating source patches
>>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov2.c |    2 +-
>>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov3.c |    4 ++--
>>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov4.c |    2 +-
>>>   3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>>>
>>>    You can use DIFF_EXCLUDES to avoid this.
>>>
>>> - There are two failing tests that you might want to look into at some point.
>>>
>>> - I noticed that your github repo contains all the build files. Once you
>>> become maintainer, you will be able to push to the official source repo for
>>> the package (see https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html).  This should not
>>> contain only the
>>
>> should contain
>>
>>> files needed for building the package (i.e., only the cygport file in your
>>> case).  Pushing to that repo triggers an automatic build (see
>>> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi).
>>>
>>> I'll go ahead and add you to https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint, but I'm not
>>> sure how to parse your name.  Should it be "Rafel Amer" or "Rafel Amer Ramon"
>>> or something else?
>>>
>>> Thanks for becoming a maintainer.
>>>
>>> Ken
>
> Hi,
>
> I have added the lines
>
> HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
> DIFF_EXCLUDES="test_conf_parser_ov2.c test_conf_parser_ov3.c
> test_conf_parser_ov4.c"
>
> to gengetopt.cygport and changed the line
>
> SUMMARY="A tool to write command line options parser code for C programs"
>
> but I can't find the failed tests. Maybe they are
> cheking for valgring: no
> checking for help2man: no

I'm talking about the tests that are run if you type "cygport gengetopt.cygport
test" (equivalent to running "make check" in an ordinary build that doesn't use
cygport).  Finding the cause of the test failures is not critical, but you
should probably try at some point, not necessarily before uploading.

> I have installed help2man, but I don't know how to install valgrind.
>
> My name can be in both forms, but I prefer Rafel Amer

OK, I've added you as maintainer.  The next step is to send your SSH key
following the instructions at

   https://cygwin.com/packaging/key.html#sshkey

Once you receive an acknowledgement, you can upload the package.

Ken