python fails asyncio tests (py 3.7 & 3.8)

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:57:39 GMT 2020

On 17.12.2020 10:20, Mark Geisert wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> Below is the patch I developed to work around the problem report in
> https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2020-November/246830.html
> I called the patch file 3.8.3-peercred-cygwin.patch.
>
> I am unable to test the patch myself because of continuing problems
> building a new Python.  I don't know if my issues are due to being on
> latest Cygwin code vs 3.1.7, or gcc 10.2 vs 9.3, or what.  Could you
> tell me what your build environment is like?  I'll try to duplicate it.
>
> Test the patch by running a Python built with it on the example from the
> OP. Without the patch, the run would hang in the middle of the test
> script.  With the patch, it should quickly complete with 4 unrelated
> errors mentioning MSG_OOB.
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> ..mark

Hi Mark,
is this the expected result ?

test_connection_attributes (__main__.TestAPI_UseUnixSocketsPoll) ... ERROR
/usr/lib/python3.8/unittest/case.py:704: ResourceWarning: unclosed
<socket.socket fd=5, family=AddressFamily.AF_UNIX,
type=SocketKind.SOCK_STREAM, proto=0>
   outcome.errors.clear()

It does not freeze