[Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1 -- prepare for release

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Feb 8 20:53:00 GMT 2020

Achim Gratz writes:
> In preparation of the release, please follow the instructions below to
> upload the packages (re-)created with the new Perl version to the Cygwin
> server.  Please be reminded that the new packages should not be "test"
> versions so that setup.exe will offer them automatically when they are
> distributed to the mirrors.
>
> 1. Please do not place the !ready cookie file!  When uploading via
> cygport that means using the command "upload-stage" rather than
> "upload".  This will ensure that all packages of the update get release
> at the same time and that existing installations can be switched over to
> the new Perl in a single update transaction.
>
> 2. Instead, please put a zero-size !perl cookie file (preferrably at the
> package level).  You can either create that file manually (lftp: put
> /dev/null -o pkgname/!perl) or touch that file into
> pkgname/dist/pkgname/ before commanding cygport to do "upload-stage".
>
> 3. Please respond to this mail when you've done the above so that we can
> keep track of what is staged in the upload area.
>
> If any of the above is unclear or you want assistance of any sort,
> please ask.

I have all of my own / co-maintained packages staged now.

The update will wait for:

subversion-perl

Going through the list of packages collected during the 5.26 update we
seem to be missing feedback from the respective maintainers for:

net-smtp
texinfo
weechat
znc
git-svn
git
grepmail
nginx-mod_http_perl
po4a
pristine-tar
sendxmpp

Yaakov's packages will be updated later unless someone speaks up that
one of them is indispensable:

perl-Alien-wxWidgets
perl-Cairo
perl-Cairo-GObject