[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: perl-5.30.1-1 and Perl distributions

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 06:20:00 GMT 2020

Am 18.02.2020 um 22:06 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> Marco Atzeri writes:
>> I think we need to double check this list.
>
> IT's the same we had the last time around, I think Yaakov changed some
> packages of his later on, but with him being busy I can't very well check.
>
>> I do not see the vim dependency, Ken the one on texinfo
>> and xfconf seems to not have any dependency from Perl
>
> Texinfo does depend on Perl, just no longer on the exact binary.  Which
> again is something that's not easily checked when the Perl stuff is
> hidden inside the package somewhere.
>
>> I uploaded a tracking sheet if someone want to help in the cross check
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/…
>
> Please no.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

why not ? I did the same for the 64bit missing packages.

I plan to check what really needs to be updated and
if possible update some to 5.30. I would like to avoid
updating packages that are not dependent on the Perl
version and I would like to avoid to make the
changes behind the other maintainers.

A ping pong of mails is not the best way to check a list
of things to be done (IMHO).

Regards
Marco