[Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1 -- prepare for release

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Feb 19 16:44:00 GMT 2020

On 18/02/2020 19:53, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 16.02.2020 um 16:30 schrieb Jon Turney:
>>
>> Perhaps I should just extend the list of special users who are allowed
>> to upload orphaned packages to include all uploaders who also have a
>> sourceware shell account.
>>
>> (since they can upload anything by just moving it directly into the
>> relarea, anyhow)
>
> let me know if you implement it, I see a bit too many
> potentially broken packages by the Perl update

I have made an update to calm which should extend the list of people who
can upload any orphan package to include everyone who currently:

* has a sourceware shell account
* that account is a member of the cygwin group
* is currently a package maintainer

That list of people is:

Corinna Vinschen
Eric Blake
Jon Turney
Ken Brown
Marco Atzeri
Yaakov Selkowitz

This list is now also used as the list of people who can 'git push' to
the packaging repository for any package.

If I've made a mistake and you think your name should (or should not :))
be on this list, please let me know.