[Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1 -- prepare for release

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Feb 20 15:26:00 GMT 2020

On 19/02/2020 23:41, Alexey Sokolov wrote:
> 19.02.2020 17:44, Jon Turney пишет:

>>> let me know if you implement it, I see a bit too many
>>> potentially broken packages by the Perl update
>>
>> I have made an update to calm which should extend the list of people who
>> can upload any orphan package to include everyone who currently:
>>
>> * has a sourceware shell account
>> * that account is a member of the cygwin group
>> * is currently a package maintainer
>>
>> That list of people is:
>>
>> Corinna Vinschen
>> Eric Blake
>> Jon Turney
>> Ken Brown
>> Marco Atzeri
>> Yaakov Selkowitz
>
> Is this list maintained manually (hardcoded), or automatically by calm
> based on the criteria you described above?

Unfortunately, I had to generate this list manually (There's not really
a programmatic way to map between a Cygwin uploader name (as it appears
in cygwin-pkg-maint) and a sourceware account name).

I used those criteria as it seemed a reasonable way to identify people
who already have necessary access and possible interest in making those
uploads.

I'm not suggesting that we should use those criteria in future.

If someone has something useful they could do, requiring that kind of
access, they should ask for it (although I think it would be better to
actually adopt packages, or reach a consensus that they should be removed).