ssh key fails

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Feb 25 12:50:00 GMT 2020

On 25/02/2020 08:44, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Trying to upload mintty, my sftp access fails.
> After reconfiguration of my machine, I copied over the complete ~/.ssh
> directory (which worked between completely different machines before),
> but it says
> cygwin-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org: Permission denied
> (publickey).
>
> Did anything change?

Are you sure you preserved the permissions of the contents of ~/.ssh?
ssh might refuse to use them, if they are too open.

I've have recently updated the scripts I used to maintain the
authorized_keys file, so it's certainly possible I've broken something.

But I have double checked and your public key from [1] is present.

Can you send me (privately) the output of 'ssh -vvv cygwin@cygwin.com
alive' ?

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2014-06/msg00033.html