Python - plan & execution

airplanemath airplanemath@aol.com
Thu Jul 9 23:52:46 GMT 2020

On 7/7/2020 2:40 PM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> following on the python update, as I hit a strange issue
>
> inherit python-wheel
> NAME="python-cython"
> VERSION=0.29.20
>
> builds only version for 3.7 and 3.8
> nothing on the log explains why for 3.6 is not built

Do you have
PYTHON_WHEEL_VERSIONS="all"
set??? Alternately,
PYTHON_WHEEL_VERSIONS="3.6:3.8:3.7"

Be aware that with the latter option the last python version listed is the
one unversioned scripts (cython, f2py, pip, pip3) will end up with in
their shebang
line.??

I just tried building cython, and got all versions I asked for (3.6,
3.5, and 2.7, in
addition to 3.7 and 3.7).?? That's the only thing I can think of that
would be
different.

> further strange of h5py
>
> inherit python3-wheel
> NAME="python3-h5py"
> VERSION=2.10.0
>
> builds only for 3.8

This one I'm less sure about.?? I'm not sure python3-wheel was updated
for multiple python3 versions.?? Changing that to inherit python-wheel
might get it to 3.7 and 3.8, then adding PYTHON_WHEEL_VERSION should
get it to all versions you're looking for.