[ITP] xxhash 0.7.4-1

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Jul 14 04:42:15 GMT 2020

Doug Henderson via Cygwin-apps writes:
> I have some issues to resolve.

Yes, hand-written Makefiles that change constantly.  X-(

> The install places files into the /usr/local tree instead of the /usr
> tree. Usually I would just do "PREFIX=/ make", but that does not work,
> so I'm not sure how to do this from the cygport file.

You're missing an export in front of setting that variable, I'd think.

> How do I change the name of the shared library to something like
> cygxxhash.0.dll?

By patching the Makefile, just like you need to do for all the other
stuff from the same author.  You can have a look at the zstd packages.

> Do I need the libxxhash.a file?

No, the static library shouldn't be packaged.

> I think I should split the package into devel and non-dev packages.

Yes please.

Regards,
Achim.