[ITA] fontforge-{nopy,py38,py37,py36}-20200314p64-1 for review

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:39:03 GMT 2020

I'm trying to build fontforge packages with latest upstream
  https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/

( forked for cygwin build to
  https://github.com/cygwin-lem/fontforge/tree/n_20200314p64_maybe-nonbreaking )

And, some of Yaakov's patches are now in the upstream:
  https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/commit/c0a27e4bdc436e73901b7a6cd7e4b6910fcee408

* Cygport files are forked here:
  https://github.com/cygwin-lem/fontforge-cygport/tree/n_20200314p64-1
from
  https://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/fontforge.git .

* New test package files are here:
  https://cygwin-lem.github.io/fontforge-cygport/ .

========
* Note:

To build test packages:

(1) prepare cmake-3.17.3-1 (test)

(2) invoke build.sh under
  https://github.com/cygwin-lem/fontforge-cygport/tree/n_20200314p64-1
  as follows:

    ./build.sh --generate-cygport --download --test

  (or for short: "./build.sh -s -d -t" ).

  This generates cygport files, downloads a source tarball, and test-tagged builds.

When we build fontforge, it can be linked to only one specific
version of python3.
So, I've prepared four cygport files by a script ./build.sh

  fontforge-nopy.cygport
  fontforge-py38.cygport
  fontforge-py37.cygport
  fontforge-py36.cygport

========
* Need help

Please give me any advice on building and packaging such cases...

========
* Need help more

Any advice on how to adapt it to the CI system.
Is it enough just putting the generated cygport files in a repository?

Regards,

Lem