git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Jun 4 16:01:50 GMT 2020

On 5/27/2020 6:27 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 04/08/2019 21:08, Jon Turney wrote:
>> To remedy this lack, using the same ssh key you use for sftp package upload,
>> package maintainers can now also push to git repositories, like so:
>
> Package maintainers may have noticed that the output from pushing to these git
> repositories now includes a line like:
>
> "remote: scallywag: build nnn queued"
>
> This is a *prototype* of a system to automatically build the packages, where the
> results appear (some time later) at [1] (URL subject to change)
>
> [1] https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi

This is great!  Thanks for doing this.  One strange thing I've noticed is that
sometimes a package will build fine on x86_64 but will fail on x86 with an error
like this:

distutils.errors.CompileError: command 'gcc' terminated by signal 11
make[4]: *** [/usr/share/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection:160:
HarfBuzz-0.0.gir] Error 1

Every time I've seen this, the build works fine on my local x86 install, so it's
not a big deal.  But I'm curious what might cause this.

Ken