[ITP] python36-wx 4.0.7.post2

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:53:47 GMT 2020

On 09.06.2020 18:52, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sending this email to say that I intend to package python36-wx
> 4.0.7.post2 (wxPython 4.0.7.post2 compiled for Python 3.6). My test
> packages are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/
>
> I wasn't sure which Python 3 version to build against, but it seems most
> packages are built against 3.6. I will happily build for 3.7 and 3.8 as
> well if needed.
>
> One thing I'm not sure of is that in order to avoid conflicts with
> python-wx (wxPython 3 for Python 2), I have to rename some of the
> binaries that are installed in /usr/bin - see the cygport file for details.
>
> If anyone has any feedback I'd appreciate it very much.
>
> Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty

It is probably possible to build

python36-wx and python37-wx together with the same source package.
The only files of the binaries they seem to share are

usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/PyCrust.png
usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/PyCrust.png

that can be put in a tiny shared common subpackage

python38-wx will need python38-numpy that is not yet available.

Maybe it is also possible to build python27-wx, but I doubt is is worth
the effort as we should move faster on python3.8

Questions:
- why 4.0.7.post2 and not 4.1.0 ?
- have you a BUILD_REQUIRES list ?
just to avoid a try loop to test my idea

Regards
Marco