Putting packages up for adoption

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Mar 20 12:09:16 GMT 2020

On 20/03/2020 03:47, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Hello Cygwin package maintainers,
[...]
> To that end, in the best interest of the community, please consider my
> packages up for adoption.  I don't expect that any one person will take
> all of them; some are obsolete and due for removal anyway, some should
> be picked up as soon as possible, and others might just end up
> bitrotting if nobody is interested in them.  However, in whatever there
> is interest (or need), hopefully what is there now will serve as a
> strong foundation to on which to continue to build.

It's been a pleasure working with you (since 2008!).  Thanks for all
your hard work over the years!

I will volunteer to adopt the X.org packages (note by this I really mean
stuff that comes from X.org, it doesn't include toolkits like Qt or
GTK+, or desktop environments like MATE or XFCE)

I'll also volunteer to take over maintainership of cygport, if you don't
have other plans for that.