Putting packages up for adoption

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Fri Mar 20 17:32:27 GMT 2020

Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes:
> I am planning to update all the packages left behind
> by the Perl update
> (Except if Achim is interested in them)

I can take them unless they pull in a huge stack of dependencies I don't
already have anyway.  Again I think that rules out the Gtk/Gnome stuff.
I know next to nothing about Wx, I think the dependency chain is
manageable, but I haven't looked at what testing the distribution
entails.  I think I have built SGMLSpm in the past locally, I have to
check.

> perl-GD	                 Already Updated
> perl-Glib		 already built
>
> perl-Alien-wxWidgets
> perl-Cairo
> perl-Cairo-GObject
> perl-GStreamer1
> perl-Glib-Object-Introspection
> perl-Gnome2
> perl-Gnome2-Canvas
> perl-Gnome2-GConf
> perl-Gnome2-Rsvg
> perl-Gnome2-VFS
> perl-Gnome2-Vte
> perl-Gnome2-Wnck
> perl-Gtk2
> perl-Gtk2-GladeXML
> perl-Gtk2-Notify
> perl-Gtk2-SourceView2
> perl-Gtk2-Spell
> perl-Gtk2-Unique
> perl-Gtk2-WebKit
> perl-Gtk3
> perl-Pango
> perl-SGMLSpm
> perl-Wx
>

> perl-Win32-GUI	   Do we need it ?

The last time we tried to drop it there was a complaint IIRC.  I have no
idea if it still works, I thihnk it needs a few pretty invasive patches
(from memory, which may be wrong).  I have built myself before, but then
it broke and Yaakov made it work again so I'm not really sure what to do
about it.  It doesn't really fit in with what Cygwin tries to do (IIRC
it comes from Strawberry Perl, which is Windows native).

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: