Putting packages up for adoption

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 05:54:31 GMT 2020

Am 20.03.2020 um 04:47 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
> Hello Cygwin package maintainers,
>

> To that end, in the best interest of the community, please consider my
> packages up for adoption.  I don't expect that any one person will take
> all of them; some are obsolete and due for removal anyway, some should
> be picked up as soon as possible, and others might just end up
> bitrotting if nobody is interested in them.  However, in whatever there
> is interest (or need), hopefully what is there now will serve as a
> strong foundation to on which to continue to build.

I am considering to take over python, and I am building 2.7.17 and 3.8.2
to see how complicate it is.

One question on the cygport

         # see PEP 394
         dosym python${slot}.exe /usr/bin/python
         dosym python${slot}.exe /usr/bin/python2

do you see any problem to use alternatives for the same scope ?

Regards
Marco