[ITA from Yaakov] freetype2

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Tue May 12 18:02:47 GMT 2020

On Tue, 2020-05-12 at 12:50 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it differs
> from Yaakov's as follows:
>
> 1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream release.

Unfortunately 2.10 has some ABI/API-breaking changes, which Fedora
mitigates with the following patches:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/freetype-2.10.0-internal-outline.patch

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/freetype-2.10.1-debughook.patch

> 2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is no longer
> used in the Fedora build.

Fine.

> 3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to build the
> API reference manual.  The html files are now included in the source tarball.
> The refdoc target is apparently now only needed for a build from the upstream
> git repo.

IIRC there were also new Python module build requirements necessary to
(re)build the docs, so just as well.

> PATCH_URI="
> 	https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.3.0-enable-spr.patch
> 	https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.2.1-enable-valid.patch
> 	https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.6.5-libtool.patch
> "

These currently work through forwarding but should be changed to the
new locations:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/$FILENAME

--
Yaakov