cygport ... install starts in cwd but ... all does not

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:16:36 GMT 2020

On 19.05.2020 20:56, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2020-05-19 11:43, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:

>> may be also the patches ?
>
> You mean switching to apply during prep?
> You are probably right!
> Thanks very much for that insight.
> Will have to look into what that runs.

I was just saying I can not test the full process,
so I focused on just the doicon ;-)

>> Anyway removing most of the cygport to fake the compilation
>> and installation and putting just some pwd before and after the
>> pushd/popd to see what is happening:
>>
>> $ cygport tek4010.cygport compile
>> /pub/tmp
>> /pub/tmp/tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64/build
>> /pub/tmp
>>

>> $ cygport tek4010.cygport install
>> /pub/tmp
>> *** ERROR: file Tek4010.png does not exist
>
> Thanks also for the suggestion of approach to take using pwd around everything.

I am used to have "cd ${S}" or "cd ${B}" as first step,
so I had no clue if there was a default.
Cygport code is not obvious, so adding "pwd" was the
easy way to debug

>> so you need a pushd ${S} before
>>
>>      doicon Tek4010.png
>>      pushd ${B}
>
> SRC_DIR=Tek4010 as the sources are extracted in that directory instead of src.
>
> The local package files .cygport, .patch, .png are all under my main
> ~/src/cygwin/tek4010/ directory where I invoke cygport, so it starts there, but
> seems unable to get back there.

I use a common directory for both x86 and x86_64 platform
and the test installation versions of both.

$ readlink -f /pub
/cygdrive/d/cyg_pub

I assume unusual enough that "pwd" is useful a lot

> Should be able to get this done and maybe offer an ITP.
>
> Although this package appears designed to build in user home dir under Raspbian
> (and Ubuntu, so also Debian), it does not seem to be packaged anywhere I can find.
>
> I'll see if the author would be interested in a packaging PR to remove home dir
> dependencies and support Cygwin packaging and its metas, and maybe I could also
> add Debian/Raspbian/Ubuntu metas as they are somewhat similar and standard.

The build system seems very basic and old style.
Probably to be as light as possible as the target is a Raspberry Pi.

Regards
Marco