git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Alexey Sokolov alexey+cygwin@asokolov.org
Fri May 29 14:40:31 GMT 2020

04.08.2019 21:08, Jon Turney пишет:

> While a number of maintainers keep their cygwin packaging under some
> sort of version control, there is currently no central collection of
> these repositories.
>
> To remedy this lack, using the same ssh key you use for sftp package
> upload, package maintainers can now also push to git repositories, like so:
>
> git push cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/<packagename>
>
> where <packagename> is a package name you are listed as a maintainer for
> in http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint.
>
> These repositories are lazily created on the first push.
>
> Since it's intended that these repositories will only contain cygport
> scripts, patches, and other packaging files, and to prevent the
> accidental committing of upstream archives, pushes containing large
> binary files will be rejected.
>
> These repositories are viewable via gitweb at
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/ (URL may be subject to change),
> and should be cloneable via anonymous git/http with the URLs shown there.
>
> Please give this a test, if possible, and report any problems here.

I've tried to push the playground branch to
cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/znc and the output was full of this:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "ru_RU.utf8"