[ITA] wxWidgets3.0

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Nov 22 09:41:34 GMT 2020

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps writes:
> *bump* in case this went unnoticed.

It didn't, I just know that this GNOME crap will always need another 40
packages installed before I can even start looking.

> I know it's a pain checking these over because it takes so long to build
> them, but I would still very much appreciate it. I am already a
> maintainer for other packages, but AFAIK this doesn't give me the right
> to GTG myself.

Here's what I have so far:

1. Do not add the runtime packages to BUILD_REQUIRES (i.e if you have
zlib-devel, then don't add zlib).  If there are runtime packages you
need for testing, list them on a separate line and comment that these
are needed for testing only (xclock, graphviz?).  Currently we assume
the dependencies needed by cygport to be available always without
explicitly mentioining them (e.g. autoconf), although it doesn't hurt to
have them in.

2. The option --without-gnomeprint seems no longer available and would
be default anyway since gtkprint gets detected and used.

3. You should explicitly specify that you want to use the system regex
library, so add --with-regex=sys.

4. It should be possible to enable full STL now, so add --enable-stl.

5. If you copy the config.cache forward to the next run of configure you
can save a bit of time not rechecking stuff you already checked.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: