[ITA] wxWidgets3.0

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 12:53:22 GMT 2020

On 22/11/2020 09:41, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps writes:
>> *bump* in case this went unnoticed.
> It didn't, I just know that this GNOME crap will always need another 40
> packages installed before I can even start looking.
>
>> I know it's a pain checking these over because it takes so long to build
>> them, but I would still very much appreciate it. I am already a
>> maintainer for other packages, but AFAIK this doesn't give me the right
>> to GTG myself.
> Here's what I have so far:
>
> 1. Do not add the runtime packages to BUILD_REQUIRES (i.e if you have
> zlib-devel, then don't add zlib).  If there are runtime packages you
> need for testing, list them on a separate line and comment that these
> are needed for testing only (xclock, graphviz?).  Currently we assume
> the dependencies needed by cygport to be available always without
> explicitly mentioining them (e.g. autoconf), although it doesn't hurt to
> have them in.
>
> 2. The option --without-gnomeprint seems no longer available and would
> be default anyway since gtkprint gets detected and used.
>
> 3. You should explicitly specify that you want to use the system regex
> library, so add --with-regex=sys.
>
> 4. It should be possible to enable full STL now, so add --enable-stl.
>
> 5. If you copy the config.cache forward to the next run of configure you
> can save a bit of time not rechecking stuff you already checked.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

Thanks, changes made and rebuilding now.

1. I have separated these onto another line. I've kept this enabled for
manual testing, and also because other things in my Cygwin install need
some of these dependencies - I can't easily remove to be 1000% sure that
none of them are needed during building. It seems wxWidgets hasn't
documented optional build dependencies very clearly.

2. Good point, I have removed this.

3. As above, I have added this.

4. Okay, trying that in this build. Not sure how to test that any
features need that are working, so I'll have to research that.

Extra: I'm also trying to build with gnomevfs now, seeing as that Gentoo
bug is very old, and I suspect the issue has since been fixed. Will have
to figure out how to test this as well, but it looks like many things
will outright crash if this problem occurs.

I'll wait on the CI system then, this takes hours to build even on my
Ryzen 3600, especially on 32-bit Cygwin.

Hamish